Hey devs and designers we are looking for you! Want to learn new skills, add to your resume, have fun, and win prizes! We have an opportunity for you!
Knowbility believe that the internet is for everyone including those with disabilities. Did you know that unless your coding your site or app a specific way it might not be accessible to someone who is blind, they will literally be locked out.
Let’s get ACCESSIBLE and rally!!!
The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) introduces developers/designers to accessibility not as a dull legal mandate but as a vibrant design challenge. Increase your understanding and skills in ways that demonstrate true commitment to diversity and inclusion. Studies show that accessibility skills are highly marketable for designers, developers, QA, and UX staff. You put your skills into practice by building a site for a nonprofit. Your sites are then judged and you can win prizes!
Why compete? You get:
• Accessibility and inclusive design training for $25
• Training modules available for a full year
• 1:1 mentoring by accessibility experts
• A chance to do good and give back to the community
Registration closes September 6, 2019
Contact us at AIR@knowbility.org if you have any questions!
June - August - Recruitment
September 6 - All registrations close
September 9 to 30 - Designer/Developer Team trainings
• September 17 - Live Webinar 1: 4-5pm CST
• September 26 - Live Webinar 2: 4-5pm CST
o Besides the 2 live webinars all training is self-paced and online.
October 4 - Kick Off Event
October 7 - November 15 - Website build time
• Please expect about 2-4 hours a week during this time to dedicate to this project. Please note this time varies between teams and how they are set up.
November 15 - Final Countdown Event and site submissions
November 18 - December 18 - Judging
January 16 - Award Ceremony